Re: Theropod classification (link update)

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Additional corrections to the original paper:

Christophe Hendrickx & Matthew T. Carrano (2016)
Erratum on “An Overview of Non-Avian Theropod Discoveries and Classification”. –
PalArch’s Journal of Vertebrate Palaeontology 13 (2): 1-7
ISSN 1567-2158
http: //
www.palarch.nl/2016/02/christophe-hendrickx-matthew-t-carrano-2016-erratum-on-an-overview-of-non-avian-theropod-discoveries-and-classification-palarchs-journal-of-vertebrate-palaeontology-13-2-2016/

In their recent publication on an overview of theropod discoveries and
classification, Hendrickx and colleagues mistakenly attributed the
earliest historical reports of non-avian theropods in North America
and South America to Joseph Leidy in 1856 and Florentino Ameghino in
1899, respectively. Yet, theropod tracks from Massachusetts had
already been reported by Hitchcock in 1836, and isolated theropod
centra from Patagonia were described by Lydekker in 1893. We here
provide additional information on the earliest theropod discoveries in
Asia, America and Oceania. We also credit Thomas Holtz as being the
first author to give a phylogenetic definition for the clade
Dilophosauridae, and correct the phylogenetic definitions of the
clades Allosauroidea and Megalosauria.