RE: Dinosaur "fleas" misidentified? (free pdf)

Gotta say that Gao et al.'s response to Dittmar et al.'s criticisms seems
valid.  I'm no entomologist, but Dittmar et al. sound like BANDits when they
say the fossils differ from crown fleas (with no alternative identification
proposed) and state that each proposed flea-like character is individually
found in other insects without considering the character evidence as a whole.

Mickey Mortimer