RE: Tiantai(o)saurus Dong et al. 2007, missed Chinese therizinosaur?

I got a copy of Qian (2011), and the page number is 385.  It says basically the
same thing as the section of Qian et al. (2012) I posted earlier-

"Huaxia spectrum (60) --- Shifeng rooftop Long

(Tiantaiosaurus sifengensis Dong, et al, 2007)

In 2005, Zhejiang Tiantai street near the town square Village Cretaceous
Lai set the upper strata unearthed a dinosaur skeleton fossils, including 12
Cervical, 9
Dorsal vertebrae, 28 caudal vertebrae, 13 ribs and torn back and pelvis
hind legs. Although the skull is missing, sacral, forelimbs and feet, but is
still far Zhejiang
The most complete dinosaur skeleton fossils discovered river.

In 2007, the Chinese Academy of Dong Zhiming and other relevant experts
Complete collaborative research on these fossils, identified as sickle dragons
(Nodosauridae)
A new species, named Shifeng rooftop Long (Tiantaiosaurus
sifengensis), but it has not been officially released.

Features: body about 5. 5m, taller than 3m. Cervical double flat type, God
After stubby spines, vertebrae airbag structure, front to back gradually
growing. Dorsal vertebrae
Plano type, concave side is not developed. 6 sacral healing, pubic, ischial
plates, distal nonunion.

Category: Saurischia (Saurischia), animal foot suborder (Theropoda),
Therizinosaur (Therizinosauroidea), Shifeng rooftop Long (Tiantaiosaurus
sifengensis).

Era: Early Cretaceous.

(Money Maiping)"

There's also a cartoon of the animal included.  Note that despite saying there
are six fused sacrals, no sacrals are preserved as the materials list and Qian
et al.'s more detailed list indicates.

Mickey Mortimer

> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 19:18:19 -0800
> From: bcreisler@gmail.com
> To: mickey_mortimer111@msn.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Tiantai(o)saurus Dong et al. 2007, missed Chinese therizinosaur?
>
> Ben Creisler
> bcreisler@gmail.com
>

> Many thanks to Wenjie Zheng for this update:
>

> Prof. Dong Z.M. and local museum reconstructed the sk
> to name it as Tiantaisaurus, but the description of the specimen has
> not published yet.
>
> ==
>
> The name would be "Tiantaisaurus" then, pending official publication.
>
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ben Creisler
>> bcreisler@gmail.com
>>
>> I did the original post late at night, decided to go to bed, and
>> didn't try pasting the text into Google Translate, which would have
>> answered my question it now appears. Anyway, people can download the
>> article.
>>
>> Many thanks to Mickey for clarifying the status of Tiantaisaurus as a
>> nomen nudum, although enough details are published that it is a
>> dinosaur of some interest, especially for its pneumatic vertebrae. It
>> can be cited in quotes as "Tiantaisaurus" then. Let's hope it gets a
>> full official description soon.
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Mickey Mortimer
>> <mickey_mortimer111@msn.com> wrote:
>>> Gotta love the>snip< demon. It even cut out only the important part-
>>>
>>> "After
>>> Dong Zhiming, Chen Ke Qiao and Jiang Yan roots collaborative research
>>> that this is a new slow dragons dinosaurs, and wrote in 2007 the first
>>> draft of the paper, a systematic classification and description, named
>>> Shifeng rooftop Long (Tiantaisaurus sifengensis ), but it has not been
>>> officially released."

has yet to be published as of 2012. Unless something was published in the last
four years, the name is a nomen nudum due to being said to be unofficial (ICZN
Article 8.3), not having a listed holotype (Article 16.4), not being explicitly
cited as gen. et sp. nov. (Article 16.1), if not more. This does show it is
from the Laijia Formation (actually Late Aptian according to the 2015
geological timescale).