RE: Giganotosaurus paleoneurology + titanosaurs + Machimosaurus in France + more

While I was ready to be on your side, Young et al. (2015) do make the case that
burgensis is a nomen nudum- "Neither Jarrin [4,5] nor Chanel [6] established
the name under Article 12 of the ICZN Code as: they did not describe the
specimen, nor did they provide a definition of the  species; they simply
reported that the name was proposed by  Eudes-Deslongchamps. Unfortunately,
Eudes-Deslongchamps never published  his description of the Ain skull [6,8]."
Did Eudes-Deslongchamps provide a definition for what would be burgensis?  You
can claim they were jerks for officially naming the species buffetauti instead
of burgensis, but what makes burgensis valid?

Mickey Mortimer