[dinosaur] Montana giant sauropod controversy + tracking down dinosaur ancestors + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent items

Conflict over scientific access to giant sauropod find in Montana.  (I posted a news item about this dig a few weeks ago without the back story.  This article  explains why some professional paleontologists are upset. Since there is no link to fossils for sale, I think it should be OK to post on the DML.)

https://www.inverse.com/article/17806-sauropod-dinosaur-discovery-montana-fossil-hunter-paleontology-nate-murphy

==

Tracking down dinosaur ancestors: interview with Hendrik Klein

https://www.researchgate.net/blog/post/tracking-down-dinosaur-ancestors

===

Mammal diversification after dinosaur extinction

http://phys.org/news/2016-07-mammals-diversified-dinosaur-extinction-left.html

===

Hunt for dinosaur fossils in New Zealand

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/81779686/Scientists-and-Tuhoe-to-hunt-dinosaur-fossils-in-the-Urewera-range

===

First fossil facial tumor discovered in a dwarf duck-billed dinosaur from Transylvania

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/news/2016/07/dwarf-duck-billed-dinosaur.page

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160705092005.htm

==

Dinosaurs of Horsham, England

http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/local/horsham-s-dinosaurs-science-art-and-entertainment-1-7463135

https://www.horshammuseum.org/events/Dinosaurs

==

Viewing dinosaur tracks at Monte Pelmetto in the Dolomites mountain range of Italy (in Italian)

http://www.planetmountain.com/it/notizie/trekking/sulle-orme-dei-dinosauri-al-monte-pelmetto-dolomiti.html

==

Dino Shindig at Carter County Museum  in  Ekalaka, Montana

https://www.evensi.us/the-4th-annual-dino-shindig-carter-county-museum/176068788