RE: [dinosaur] Fossorial Origin of the Turtle Shell

Even animals larger like this--muskrats, beavers--are both burrowers and
swimmers.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu         Phone: 301-405-4084
Principal Lecturer, Vertebrate Paleontology
Office: Geology 4106, 8000 Regents Dr., College Park MD 20742
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.geol.umd.edu_-7Etholtz_&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=Ry_mO4IFaUmGof_Yl9MyZgecRCKHn5g4z1CYJgFW9SI&m=KWF-4qWgLGuxeOKyZbavkfFIE8DyvXpGVcC82BtSYWg&s=RZhQtEDZ8kAZcKYKl0P-e7L3qSAKP_KMpfc48oNF0_c&e=

Phone: 301-405-6965
Fax: 301-314-9661

Office: Centreville 1216, 4243 Valley Dr., College Park MD 20742
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.geol.umd.edu_sgc&d=DQIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=Ry_mO4IFaUmGof_Yl9MyZgecRCKHn5g4z1CYJgFW9SI&m=KWF-4qWgLGuxeOKyZbavkfFIE8DyvXpGVcC82BtSYWg&s=M1vX1tPhi5Ai-qlnCZOjzNWJYZLVRi-LagBXXTA-HWE&e=

Fax: 301-314-9843

                        Department of Geology
                        Building 237, Room 1117
                        8000 Regents Drive