Re: [dinosaur] Large alligator recorded walking across Florida golf course

On 6/1/2016 5:32 PM, Jura wrote:
It's a cool video, and I'm pretty certain that it's a
real alligator. The only thing that I'm doubtful of is
the size. I strongly suspect that someone with some
really good video chops took a video of a large alligator
walking and then composited it into that scene, while
simultaneously increasing the scale by ~1.5x.

That's my suspicion. We should know by the end of the
week if it is real (since viral hoaxes tend not to last
much longer than a week before being revealed).

Well, for what it's worth, it's already on Snopes, stating that the footage is real.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.snopes.com_giant-2Dalligator-2Dflorida-2Dgolf_&d=DQIC-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=Ry_mO4IFaUmGof_Yl9MyZgecRCKHn5g4z1CYJgFW9SI&m=DyBXZ_hMuAt0mCL8PwngTL-QfdGO7FFOrPuYarTHj2U&s=sbmf69YYoyoYRnKyD-74JGgznCl5wREKugeY-jeWC7U&e=
and they link to this

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__news3lv.com_news_local_giant-2Dalligator-2Droams-2Dgolf-2Dcourse-2Din-2Dflorida&d=DQIC-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=Ry_mO4IFaUmGof_Yl9MyZgecRCKHn5g4z1CYJgFW9SI&m=DyBXZ_hMuAt0mCL8PwngTL-QfdGO7FFOrPuYarTHj2U&s=IbTLbfja7P2m-SjYK82GmawWm9-kr6ySH6piHGnB1Zw&e= The exceptionally large gator at the Buffalo Creek Golf Course has roamed the links for years, and he's apparently good for business.

"People have heard that he is out here and that is all they want to see so they will bring spectators to ride so somebody can get a picture," pro shop clerk Wendy Schofield told News 3. "He doesn't bother anybody and they don't bother him, he's like a mascot for the course, which is owned by Manatee County."

"He has been here for a very, very long time, he's not new at all. There have been guesses that he's 15 to 16 feet long," the five-year employee said. "The word has spread that this is a great place to come and play. He is the highlight, but we are worth the price too."