[dinosaur] Fwd: Bellulornis, new name for Bellulia (Ornithothoraces) from Early Cretaceous of China (free pdf)

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A new paper:

Corrigendum

Min Wang, Zhonghe Zhou and Shuang Zhou (2016)
Renaming of Bellulia Wang, Zhou & Zhou, 2016 (page 695)
Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society 177(3): 695
DOI: 10.1111/zoj.12397
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/zoj.12397/abstract
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/zoj.12397/epdf

Mr Nick Gardner (Potomac State College of West Virginia University) has informed us that the name Bellulia which we used to describe a new genus of basal ornithuromorph bird from the Early Cretaceous (Wang, Zhou& Zhou, 2016) is preoccupied by a species of moth. This was described by Fibiger (2008) as a genus of moths of the Erebidae family, and the type species is Bellulia parabella. We therefore propose to substitute the name Bellulornis nom. nov. for the new ornithuromorph bird, the type species of which is Bellulornis rectusunguis (Wang et al., 2016).