Re: Could human breathe cretaceous air?

I don't see the truncated message, but from the subject question
itself, it actually would be a challenge. Oxygen toxicity occurs at
levels greater than 28% on average, and the Cretaceous is thought to
be at 30%. In theory, it might be fine, but 28% is the level
recommended for COPD patients, who often suffer hyperoxia during
treatment.
Perhaps getting used to the atmosphere by doing a regimen of breathing
prior to "time travel" (bear with me on that, it's a thought exercise)
could get one's tissues used to increased oxygen partial pressures,
but since getting used to LOWER oxygen levels is typically the
challenge that humans face, I'm not sure how much research is out
there on the topic.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Poekilopleuron
<dinosaurtom2015@seznam.cz> wrote:
> *         ---REMAINDER OF MESSAGE TRUNCATED---            *
> *     This post contains a forbidden message format       *
> *  (such as an attached file, a v-card, HTML formatting)  *
> *    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *
> * If your postings display this message your mail program *
> * is not set to send PLAIN TEXT ONLY and needs adjusting  *

Margaret Dickson
University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Biological Sciences
Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology
PhD Candidate