[dinosaur] nothing controversial here

On behalf of Michael Barton (contact information at the bottom of this message):

Can someone post this question from a friend of mine to the list?

A friend of mine has the following question:

"Hoping my paleontologist friends or anyone with obscure knowledge
(you know who you are) can help me track down the origin and source
for the statement, "Scratch a paleontologist and find a controversy."
I'm hoping to use it in a blog post, but cannot recall where I first
heard or read the statement. Thanks in advance."

Thanks in advance if possible!