Re: [dinosaur] Psittacosaurus eye in the new "cute" model--how realistic?

I was under the impression that the yellow part is the iris. There does seem to be a slightly darker area just around the pupil but it grades into the yellow, indicating it's meant to be pigment variations in the iris. The sclera does not seem to be visible. Or am I looking at it wrong?

The eye does seem large relative to some other reconstructions but I'm not sure of the ontogenetic stage of this specimen. It would be expected in a young subadult.

I'm more confused about the supposed "patagia" behind the legs. Surely that would be filled in with fat/muscle/other tissue of the leg (or even the tissue connecting the femur to the body wall as in most non sprawling tetrapods) and not a simple, pterosaur-like skin flap, right?

Matt