Re: [dinosaur] Latenivenatrix, new troodontid from Dinosaur Park Formation, Alberta (validity of Troodon)

> Actually, arguably not. Within Titanosauria there are several proposed and
> employed "families" (Saltasauridae, Nemegtosauridae, Aeolosauridae,
> potentially others). It is not at all certain which of these the Titanosaurus
> indicus material would belong to. If we agreed to put all of these in one
> family, that would be Titanosauridae. But if we regard them as distinct taxa,
> and cannot affirm where Titanosaurus goes, we can continue to not use
> "Titanosauridae".

Oops, that's true; if Titanosauridae is indistinguishable from two (or more)
families that can be distinguished from each other, it is a nomen dubium. I
hadn't been paying enough attention to titanosaur nomenclature over the last
few years.