Re: [dinosaur] Latenivenatrix, new troodontid from Dinosaur Park Formation, Alberta (validity of Troodon)

Keep in mind, if that were the standard, Titanosauridae would be a nomen dubium
but e.g. Deinodontidae wouldn't (unless you elevated Tyrannosaurinae and
Albertosaurinae to "family" rank). The situation with Deinodontidae is a nearly
exact parallel to Troodontidae. It would be hard to think of a single standard
that would uphold one while rejecting the other, except using priority of
definition/only recognizing taxa defined as clades.

Matt Martyniuk