Re: [dinosaur] Latenivenatrix, new troodontid from Dinosaur Park Formation, Alberta (validity of Troodon)

Well, there was some question over whether or not Troodon was an ornithopod at
one point. But what we now think of as "troodontids" were fairly well known,
and known to be theropods. Saurornithoides, Stenonychosaurus, etc. It's just
that they were called Saurornithoidids back then until Currie synonymized
Stenonychosaurus with Troodon.

Matt Martyniuk