[dinosaur] Utahraptor vs. Allosaurus as Utah state fossil + Dippy's new "hands" + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

First, a correction. When I posted a link to the 2017 Palaeontological Association meeting abstracts, I typed "Palaeontological Society" in the body of the email (the subject line was correct) and didn't catch the flub before I hit send. The link was what mattered, of course...

***

Some recent items:

Fight to make Utahraptor the Utah state fossil in place of Allosaurus

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2017/12/17/utahraptor-vs-allosaurus-how-a-10-year-old-dinosaur-fan-persuaded-a-utah-senator-to-start-a-legislative-battle-over-the-state-fossil/

=====

Dippy gets new (correct) front feet

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/12/16/dippy-dinosaur-return-britainwith-brand-new-hands/

=====

The Real T-Rex With Chris Packham on BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/01/the-real-t-Rex-with-chris-packham

====

Feathered dinosaurs changed the definition of birds

https://www.stuff.co.nz/science/99849485/bob-brockie-feathered-dinosaurs-changed-the-definition-of-birds

====

Utegenia (in Russian)

http://elementy.ru/kartinka_dnya/474/Utegenii