[dinosaur] Magnamanus + Liaodactylus + lasers on bird fossils + third eye in reptiles + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent items:

More on Magnamanus, new iguanodont ornithopod from Early Cretaceous of Spain

with photo gallery

http://sorianoticias.com/noticia/2017-02-01-soria-ya-tiene-su-dinosaurio-37276

**
http://www.diariodesoria.es/noticias/soria/soria-ya-tiene-dinosaurio_81325.html

NOTE: The official description of Magnamanus apparently is out in print form but I don't have the abstracts in Spanish and English, and I can't find an online link to the paper for now...

====

Liaodactylus, earliest filter-feeding pterosaur

http://www.livescience.com/57706-earliest-filter-feeding-pterosaur-found.html

====

Using lasers to detect soft tissue traces on ancient birds

http://www.audubon.org/news/how-lasers-are-revealing-hidden-evolutionary-clues-ancient-bird-fossils

===

Palaeocast:  Las Hoyas part B

http://www.palaeocast.com/episode-72-las-hoyas/

====

End-Cretaceous extinction

While the text content on this article written for students may be OK, the illustration is a disaster... A Dimetrodon for the end of the Cretaceous?????!!! Dimetrodon wasn't even around for the end of the Permian extinction! Science News is supposed to be educational...

https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/dinosaurs-extinction-asteroid-eruptions-doom

==

The "third" eye in snakes and reptiles, fossil and living

http://snakesarelong.blogspot.com/2017/01/do-snakes-have-third-eye.html

=====

Bulbasaurus (English-version press release)

https://www.naturkundemuseum.berlin/en/pressemitteilungen/new-species-prehistoric-turtle-pig-discovered-south-africa

====