[dinosaur] Dragon Teeth - Michael Crichton's bestseller

I finished the book and was disappointed.  Curiously flat story and
characters, no real action.  I read that it was probably a first draft
and published posthumously just for the sake of publishing it.

Research within the chapters wasn't fully integrated so you always
knew where that was inserted. The Cope and Marsh stories are well
known, although Crichton switched them around a bit.
The cover with the T. rex skull is a bait and switch, since they
actually find sauropod teeth in the story.

One reviewer wrote that he couldn't wait to finish the book...so that
he could read something else.  I have to agree with that.