Re: [dinosaur] Chicxulub impact pressure wave

The initial impact has been calculated (Schultz and D'Hondt, 1996) to have been
a low angle strike about 20-30 degrees to the horizontal with NNW (about 30
degrees W of N)direction of concentrated ejecta blast. This just happens to put
it directly targeting Montana and since there were no geographic high to impede
the pressure wave, Although the angle of impact was not sufficient to produce
an elliptical crater, its ts total energy was directed away from the impact
site, hence no defining central peak formation and a greater amount of ejecta
material blanket in Montana's direction.  it is reasonable to assume that
dinosaurs in Montana were "blasted" off their feet.