[dinosaur] Origin of bipedal dinosaurs + Spinosaurus forelimbs + dinosaur eggs + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent items:

==
Fossil Friday Roundup: March 3, 2017

http://blogs.plos.org/paleocomm/2017/03/03/fossil-friday-roundup-march-3-2017/

==

Origin of bipedal dinosaurs

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-03/uoa-rie030317.php

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170303110634.htm

===

Swimming forelimbs in Spinosaurus

http://theropoda.blogspot.com/2017/03/come-nuotava-spinosaurus.html

====

Alabama dinosaur egg (with video)

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2017/03/03/modern-tech-has-alabama-dinosaur-egg-ready-hatch/98594382/

==

Possible dinosaur eggs found in China

http://www.ecns.cn/visual/hd/2017/03-02/122789.shtml

=====

Morocco blocks sale of illegally exported plesiosaur skeleton, removed from auction in Paris
(I've been following this story from French sources. Now that the sale at auction of the fossil (identified as a Zarafasaura) will not happen, I can mention it, now in English)

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2017/03/209942/morocco-blocks-sale-dinosaur-skeleton/

===

More on Gold Butte Nevada pre-dino tracks (video)

http://news3lv.com/news/local/gold-butte-discovery

==

Burpee Museum Paleofest

http://www.burpee.org/event/paleofest-2017/

====

In German:

Braunscheweig Natural History Museum exhibit "Jurassic Harz" opens  with Plateosaurus skeleton (in rather sprawling quadrupedal pose) (photo galleries)

http://regionalbraunschweig.de/jurassic-harz-ein-plateosaurus-in-braunschweig/

https://www.braunschweiger-zeitung.de/braunschweig/article209814595/Plateosaurus-ist-Star-der-Schau-Jurassic-Harz.html

***

Triassic diorama at Aldingen Museum to feature life-size reconstructions

http://www.schwaebische.de/region_artikel,-Saurier-im-Grossbild-und-ein-Igitt-Tier-_arid,10625235_toid,685.html

***

Small museum in Fischbach displays a locally made life-size wood, cloth, and plaster model of Heptasaurus, temnospondyl found in the region in the 1920s; Rainer Schoch to present plaster cast of the original  skull

http://www.suedkurier.de/region/schwarzwald-baar-heuberg/niedereschach/Raubsaurier-im-Keller-Fischbachs-neue-Attraktion-hat-300-Zaehne;art372527,9155746

===

Bird (theropod) behavior videos

Roadrunner snatches hummingbird in mid-air

http://www.audubon.org/news/whoa-watch-sneaky-roadrunner-nab-hummingbird-while-its-feeding

==

Flock of wild turkeys circling a dead cat in the road (archosaurs vs. synapsids)

(Somebody needs to illustrate a herd of theropods circling a dead synapsid....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7mw2NdJ70