Re: [dinosaur] Shuangbaisaurus, new crested theropod from Early Jurassic of China (free pdf)

I think this paper might be the first time the combination _Sinosaurus
sinensis_ (Hu, 1993) has been formally erected in the published
literature, with a brief description that differentiates it from _S.
triassicus_ Young, 1948 (type species of _Sinosaurus_ Young, 1948).
_S. sinensis_ is the species that was originally named _Dilophosaurus
sinensis_ Hu, 1993, although it soon became clear it was likely not
referable to _Dilophosaurus_ Welles, 1970.  The prevailing practice in
recent published literature (since Xing et al., 2013, IIRC) has been
to regard _D. sinensis_ as a junior synonym of _S. triassicus_.

The name _S. sinensis_ has appeared before, such as in the
_Panguraptor_ description (You et al., 2014), where the attribution is
given as Young, 1948 (so they may mean _S. triassicus_ rather than _S.
sinensis_) and in Paul's _The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs_
(where it's also referred to as 'Unnamed genus').

Wang et al. (2017) distinguish the two _Sinosaurus_ species (_S.
triassicus_, _S. sinensis) based on the proportions of the premaxilla.
They also note "Interestingly, the premaxilla and proportion of the
skull of _S. triassicus_ is more similar to that of _Shuangbaisaurus_
than to _S. sinensis_".  This opens the possibility of more taxonomic
fun in the future.