Re: [dinosaur] Amount of sauropod feces produced daily

Ooh, this is a very interesting question.  I'm not sure we can have an accurate estimate, because there are probably an absurd amount of factors including digestion rate, exact food eaten, metabolism, etc. It may be possible to do a very rough  estimate by scaling up either a large herbivore such as an elephant, or an herbivorous reptile such as a Tegu. With so many unknown variables however, such an estimate is unlikely to be accurate at best, and scientifically disengenuous at worst. I would be very curious to know if any estimates have actually been published.

- Nickolas A. Brand