Re: [dinosaur] Sue and her family

In answer to your questions:

1) "What was the association of Tyrannosaurus rex individual "Sue" and two other subadult individuals like?" Never formally described, if memory served. A taphonomic study of the Sue site hasn't been published.

2) "How did paleontologists decipher that they belonged together as a family group?" They didn't. This is an inference in the popular literature on the subject. They other individuals consist of a partial tibia & fibula of a subadult, and a frontal and lacrimal from one or two juveniles. That's it.

3) "Was "Sue" a parent (either mother or a father) of these?" We don't know. In fact, without the taphonomic evidence, it isn't certain that they lived within 10s of years of each other.

4) "Are the fossils of these two other individuals catalogued somewhere?" If I recall correctly, they are in the Field Museum. Don't know the specimen numbers off the top of my head.