Re: [dinosaur] Ascendonanus + Brontopodus plagenensis tracks + Arboroharamiya + more

I assume the nickname "Schnappi" most likely comes from the name of the children's cartoon character, Schnappi, the Little Crocodile [Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil].

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnappi,_das_kleine_Krokodil

In the music video, Schappi is trying to catch a fly (Ascendonanus ate insects presumably)...Â

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUwPyIeHTk

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

Oops. I read 'tetrapod' as 'theropod'. It's just as hilarious a name for a lizard as a dinosaur.

On Wed, Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:46 AM, Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:

> I'm guessing whoever named a dinosaur 'ascend on anus' wasn't a native
> English speaker. :-)
>
> On Wed, Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:16 AM, Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ascendonanus nestleri (I can't find a published description yet), earliest
> > known tree-climbing tetrapod, to be featured in a talk by German
> > paleontologist (and paleoartist) Frederik Spindler at the Chemnitz Natural
> > History Museum about the Permian fossils found at Chemnitz, preserving an
> > ancient forest with plants and animals thanks to pyroclastic volcanism,
> > including five specimens of Ascendonanus, nicknamed "Schnappi" (in German)

ÂDann Pigdon
ÂGIS Officer
ÂMelbourne, Australia