[dinosaur] Laiyangoolithus, new dinosaur egg ootype from Late Cretaceous of China (free pdf)

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A new paper:

Laiyangoolithus lixiangensis oogen. et oosp. nov.Â

WANG Qiang, LI Yu-Guang, ZHU Xu-Feng, FANG Kai-Yong & WANG Xiao-Lin (2018)
New ootype prismatoolithids from the Late Cretaceous, Laiyang Basin and its significance.
Vertebrata PalAsiatica (advance online publication)
DOI: 10.19615/j.cnki.1000-3118.180708
http://www.ivpp.cas.cn/cbw/gjzdwxb/pressonline/201807/t20180709_5040397.html
http://www.ivpp.cas.cn/cbw/gjzdwxb/pressonline/201807/P020180709578719997554.pdf

Here we discribe a new ootypes of prismatoolithids found from the Late Cretaceous Jiangjunding Formation in the Laiyang Basin, Shandong Province. On the basis of characters such as elongate ovoids, smooth eggshell surface, relatively thinner eggshell thickness, prismatic eggshell units, slender pores in radial section of eggshell and little pores with round or irregular shapes in tangeital section of eggshell, we erect one new oogenus and one new oospecies: Laiyangoolithus lixiangensis oogen. et oosp. nov. The discovery of L. lixiangensis not only enriches the diversity and composition of the Laiyang Dinosaur Egg Fauna, but the paleogeographic distribution of primatoolithids as well. In addition, it provides more paleontological materials for the study of the diversity and paleogeographic distribution of troodontids in China.ÂÂ