[dinosaur] Fwd: Dicothodon, new finds from Late Cretaceous of Baja California, Mexico (free pdf)

No luck. One more try with a real typo this time instead of a hyphen... People will need to separate the words combined.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 1:02 PM
Subject: Dicothodon, new finds from Late Cretaceous of Baja California, Mexico (free pdf)
To: dinosaur-l@usc.edu

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

I have been trying repeatedly today to post the authors, title, link, and abstract for a new open access paper about the Cretaceous lizard Dicothodon. None of my posts with various modifications to subject line and text has shown up in my emails for the past few hours, which makes me think they are being blocked by the DML spam filter. I suspect a certain phrase is causing the problem so I'm using a hyphen to see if it works. My other posts today have shown up in email with no problems.

If the other earlier post attempts show up at some point, my apologies...

MarÃa Luisa Chavarria-Arellano, Tiago R. Simoes, and Marisol Montellano-Ballesteros (2018)Â
New data on the Late Cretaceous lizard Dicothodon bajaensis (Squamata, Borioteiioidea) from Baja California, Mexico reveals an unusual toothreplacement pattern in squamates.Â
Anais da Academia Brasileira de CiÃncias (advance online publication)

Free pdf:

Borioteiioids comprise an extinct family of squamates that inhabited the Northern Hemisphere during the Cretaceous and were characterized by varying patterns of toothreplacement and dental morphology. Understanding the evolution of these toothreplacement patterns has, however, been largely hampered by an extremely fragmentary fossil record. Here we present new information on Dicothodon bajaensisfrom the Campanian of Baja California (Mexico), so far known only from isolated teeth and jaw fragments. Among abundant new materials there are ten maxillae and five dentaries belonging to distinct ontogenetic stages. Whereas juveniles display active toothreplacement, older specimens show no evidence of replacement. Dicothodon bajaensis is therefore inferred to have had arrested toothreplacement later in ontogeny. This provides the first evidence of cessation of toothreplacement during late ontogeny in lizards (living or extinct). This replacement type is also an evolutionary intermediate between the typical lizard replacement pattern, observed in some borioteiioids (e.g., Bicuspidon) and the complete absence of tooth replacement since early ontogeny as observed in other borioteiioids (e.g., Polyglyphanodon).