[dinosaur] Central Museum of Mongolian Dinosaurs + Maxakalisaurus + Alberta plesiosaur find + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

First of all, sorry for the mess with repeated posts for the delayed/blocked Dicothodon paper today. Some of the posts finally showed up in my email hours late. In most cases, posts that don't show up shortly after I send them never show up. No clue what happened...

===

Some recent items:

Central Museum of Mongolian Dinosaurs

An exceptional assortment of fossils recovered from private collections.Â

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/central-museum-of-mongolian-dinosaurs

====

Shonisaurus...

Learn about Nevada's state fossil, the Ichthyosaur (+ video)

http://news3lv.com/news/local/dinosaurs-in-the-desert-learn-about-nevadas-state-fossil-the-ichthyosaur

===

Dickinson Dinosaur Museum

https://www.myndnow.com/news/dickinson-news/dinosaur-museum-shows-off-its-claws/1310682124

====

Hall of Dinosaurs reopens at National Museum in Quinta da Boa Vista park in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, after repairs and renovations, with Maxakalisaurus back on display (in Portuguese)

http://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/geral/noticia/2018-07/museu-nacional-reabre-sala-dos-dinossauros-no-rio

https://vejario.abril.com.br/cultura-lazer/museu-nacional-reinaugura-espaco-dedicado-aos-dinossauros/

====

Marine reptile fossils found at Fort McMurray area worksite in Alberta

Ancient plesiosaur skeleton is approximately 60 per cent complete

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/plesiosaur-fort-mcmurray-syncrude-1.4752748

http://www.fortmcmurraytoday.com/2018/07/18/dinosaur-remains-discovered-at-syncrude-north-mine

==

Fossil Cretaceous snake in amber