[dinosaur] Judith River Formation Symposium + Confuciusornis + Iguanodon + more

Ben Creisler

Some recent items:

Passing this information on to the DML...

Judith River Formation Symposium 2019

The Great Plains Dinosaur Museum and the Phillips County Museum in Malta, Montana are pleased to announce our first Judith River Formation Symposium, June 28th -30th, 2019.

The goal of the symposium is to bring those working in the Judith River Formation together with our local community to help educate, promote, and enhance our knowledge and appreciation for Phillips County's most famed fossiliferous formation.

We welcome all paleontologists, paleobotanists, geologists, stratigraphers, and geochemists working in the Judith River Formation (or coeval formations) to submit an abstract and attend our symposium. We especially welcome student submissions, and we hope to bring numerous researchers with diverse research topics together to share and better understand the complexities and richness of the Judith River and coeval formations.

Abstracts for the symposium are due by January 18th, 2019. Speakers will be provided lodging while in Malta and an honorarium. Submit all abstracts to the Great Plains Dinosaur Museum at dinosaur@itstriangle.com. For more and updated information, please go to our website: http://www.greatplainsdinosaurs.org/index.php/judith-river-formation-symposium-2019. For any questions please email the Great Plains Dinosaur Museum at dinosaur@itstriangle.com or our Director of Paleontology, Cary Woodruff at sauropod4@gmail.com.

======
======

Delicate Fossil Bird Reveals Prehistoric Plumage Patterns
A new analysis gives the fossil bird Confuciusornis an updated look.

===

Iguanodon : the teeth that led to a dinosaur discovery

===

Most complete study on Europe's greatest hadrosaur site published

===

We may never know how flexible sauropod necks were

==

==

===
===

non-dino:

Tiny footprints, big discovery: Reptile tracks oldest ever found in Grand Canyon

===

What is inside the head of the fossil predatory fish Saurichthys?