Re: [dinosaur] Triceratops frill + aquatic Spinosaurus + Deinosuchus + Bromacker Quarry to reopen + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Just to clarify, I do regular posts for all new Mesozoic and Paleozoic tetrapod papers I am aware of to the DML with abstracts. This includes papers that are paywalled AND papers that are free or later become free. I try to label articles with free pdfs as such. I'm not planning to change that.

I also do a weekly list over on the VertPaleo list (which requires a separate email subscription) of titles and links (but usually not abstracts) for recent papers covering the full range (fishes & Cenozoic, as well as Paleozoic and Mesozoic stuff) of vertebrate paleontology--but the list is mainly restricted to papersÂthat have FREE pdfs. The Russian website and Wikipedia will usually list mostÂnew papersÂ(paywalled and free) covering vertebrateÂpaleontology topics in general,Âwhich is why I mentioned them. It's just not practical in terms of time for me to try to list ALL the papers that come out (paywalled and free) for all the Cenozoic stuff and fishes. I started posting new papers to the VertPaleo list at one point and the webmaster told me to stop, so I usually restrict my VertPaleo posts to a single list of free stuff once a week.

Â(

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 4:16 PM Paul P <turtlecroc@yahoo.com> wrote:
On Monday, August 10, 2020, 09:28:39 PM UTC, Ben Creisler <bcreisler@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...Note that I also do a weekly list of free (but not paywalled) vertpaleo papers over on the VertPaleo list.

Does the "free but not paywalled" only apply to that summary list, or are you no longer announcing any papers published in journals that aren't open-access..?

(I hope it's not the latter because lots of important papers come out in non-open-access journals.)