[dinosaur] Dinosaur Diaries + T. rex at Smithsonian + Glossopteris + more

Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

Some recent items:

=====

Dinosaur Diaries: Human cancer found in dinosaur bone

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2020/august/dinosaur-diaries-human-cancer-found-in-dinosaur-bone.html

====

Extinct Monsters:
T. rex in Context: Deep Timeâs Cretaceous Display at the National Museum of Natural HistoryÂ

https://extinctmonsters.net/2020/08/16/t-rex-in-context-deep-times-cretaceous-display/

====
Upcoming online talk:Â SATURDAY, AUGUST 22, 2020 3:00PMÂ (Mountain Daylight Time)

https://dinomuseum.ca/events/virtual-speaker-series/

NEW INSIGHTS FROM THE PIPESTONE CREEK BONEBED

PHILIP J. CURRIE DINOSAUR MUSEUM, AYKROYD FAMILY THEATRE OR STREAMING LIVE THROUGH OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Âhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcbZoqcgopGAN-Lmg2BEeg

(should be archived afterwards...)

Wembley, Alberta is home to one of the densest dinosaur bonebeds in the world â the Pipestone Creek Bonebed. First discovered in the 1970âs, Pipestone is the only site with remains of the horned dinosaur Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai. Over the decades, hundreds of elements have been collected from the site, and thousands more remain to be excavated. With new discoveries happening every year we are constantly expanding our knowledge of the bonebed and the dinosaurs discovered there.

Come learn what makes Pachyrhinosaurus so special, and how it is changing the way we perceive horned dinosaurs!

===

College of Charleston Geology Professor Scott Persons Leads Virtual Dinosaur Dig in Wyoming

https://today.cofc.edu/2020/08/17/geology-professor-leads-virtual-dinosaur-dig/

==

Montana State researcher featured in Nature for work on rare tuatara reptile genome

https://www.montana.edu/news/20299/msu-researcher-featured-in-journal-nature-for-work-on-sequencing-rare-reptile-genome

===
===

Chatting Ichnology with Dr. Tony Martin

https://timescavengers.blog/2020/08/12/chatting-ichnology-with-dr-tony-martin/

Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcF5GoBV-AQ

===

Paleonerds Podcast Episode #5:
Beating Your Art to the Grave with Paleo Artist Gary Staab

https://www.paleonerds.com/podcast/garystaab

===

Podcast In Defense of Plants

Ep. 278 - Glossopteris: Resolving a Mystery 299 Million Years in the Making

https://www.indefenseofplants.com/podcast/2020/8/16/ep-278-glossopteris-resloving-a-mystery-299-million-years-in-the-making

====

Little Paleocene notoungulate Archaeogaia macachaae from Argentina (in Spanish)

https://www.eltribuno.com/salta/nota/2020-8-15-22-23-0-hallan-el-fosil-de-un-pequeno-mamifero-de-62-millones-de-anos-en-los-cardones