From: dinosaur-l-request@mymaillists.usc.edu <dinosaur-l-request@mymaillists.usc.edu> on behalf of Poekilopleuron <dinosaurtom2015@seznam.cz>
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2020 10:44 AM
To: dinosaur-l@usc.edu <dinosaur-l@usc.edu>; tholtz@umd.edu <tholtz@umd.edu>
Subject: [dinosaur] Biggest waves of dinomania

Good day to all listmembers!

I wonder, which are the biggest "waves" (outbreaks) of so called dinomania in the history of popular culture? I would say 1.) Crystal Palace dinosaur sculptures (1854); 2.) Discoveries of giant sauropods in American West (1870´s - 1890´s); 3.) Description of Tyrannosaurus rex (1905) and donation of Diplodocus replicas to European museums (1905-1912); 4.) Dinosaur exhibition on World´s Fair (1933 and 1964); 5.) Dinosaur renaissance (1969-1980´s) and 6.) Jurassic Park - Jurassic World (esp. 1993 and 2015, resp.). Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!